Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Clock Moves Faster Than Can Be Perceived…

I kept a box on my top shelf,
It’s been lying there since I was eight,
I’ve stored a lot of memories in there,
To keep them from decaying.

-The time I stole the car to the beach
With my friends
On a sunny school day-

-When I won my first football match
And raised that trophy triumphant-

-How Mum taught me to cook
Without setting the kitchen on fire-

-The way Dad taught me to cycle
Without falling on my face-

I’ve put them all in the box, like photographic stills,
Least I should forget.

But that’s not all-

-The first girl I ever fell in love with,
She stole my heart, before
Returning it broken- she’s inside there, too.

-And that night I got
Drunk, and sneaked in through
The bedroom window-?

That box also has its secrets.

But I forgot to take down that box,
When I finally left that house- to forge my way in life.
The box- it stayed in its place, collecting dust-
It’s only task now.
And there it remained- forgotten…

Weeks, months, seasons passed,
And the box never strayed from its place. And,
Like all things material, it
Aged with time.

Just like a vessel in which the
Mind and soul are imprisoned.

Yet inside, the memories remain.
Strong, fresh as ever. Treasured.

1 comment:

  1. This is my Favourite.. I love it...

    ReplyDelete